2013/03/03

Steal It!: 3.1 Phillip Lim vs. Topshop

3.1 Phillip Lim's Pashli bag has been the IT bag since the moment it was carried down the runway in the brand's AW11 catwalk show. I've been in love with it for a while now but with my current student budget, I can't hardly afford it.

I saw this bag on Topshop website a few weeks back and it immediately reminded me of Pashli (although some of the reviews on the website keep mentioning Celine) so below is the comparison.
                                 

Price
£830
£45
Colour
4 colours
4 colours
Size/Dimensions
H 29cm W 38cm
H 35cm, W 48cm
Material
100% Leather
100% Polyurethane



Pashli also comes in 2 other sizes: mini (16.5 x 21.5cm), medium (25.5 x 31.75cm) while Topshop only made one (giant) size. 3.1 Phillip Lim's Pashli actually comes in much more than just 4 colours but they were all eventually sold out; the medium size has better colours here and one beautiful exclusive edition here. The four colours above are still available on their website. Beside the black and oxblood ones, I don't really like Topshop colours: navy seems a bit light for me and putty (as they called) doesn't seem to suit the bag. 


Conclusion:
As much as I love Topshop (and spent a lot of money on their clothes), I'd rather save up for a black Pashli than buy the Topshop version. 3.1 Phillip Lim's Pashli is much more sophisticated and well-made, and its size seems perfect to me.

Which one would you buy? Leave a comment below to let me know :)


PS: I can't wait to share with you guys this new jacket that I bought. I saw baby on several blogs a while back but couldn't afford to buy it. Luckily it was on sale a few days ago and I managed to get the last one in my size!

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the post! 
See you again soon.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave your comment here x

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?