2013/03/24

Steal It!: Isabel Marant vs. Glamorous & Dorothy Perkins

I don't normally like Western inspired clothes and accessories but I made an exception this time. I'm super thin and petite - tiny to be exact, so shirts with hard material like my old school uniform shirt, look really bad on me. Which is why I always look out for silk, satin, polyester or viscose shirts and Isabel Marant Lauryn is a perfect choice. It's soft and flowy and the embellishment is beautiful and sophisticated. 

But, again, I can hardly spend £500 on a shirt, so when I saw Dorothy Perkins Western shirt I knew right away that I had to write a post about it :). While I was doing my research for this post, I also came across this similar shirt from Glamorous.

Price
£445-635
£30-42
£39.99-42
Colours
5 colours
4 colours
2 colours
Material
Fabrication: 58% viscose, 42% acetate. Combo: 67% viscose, 33% cotton
Cotton (?)
100% Polyester

I can't seem to find a great photo of the Lauryn shirt in Grenat - oxblood/burgundy colour so I didn't put it in the photo above but if you want, you can take a look at it here. Although almost all the Lauryn shirts have been sold out online, I managed to find this website - which still has it in 3 different colours: navy, black and rose and they are all on sale for $395. Glamorous' and Dorothy Perkins' prices are the same but Jules' material is not very appealing to me. Since I like the white/cream and navy version, all three brands look great to me, I do wish that I can buy the navy version from either of the high street brands though.


Conclusion:
I would love to buy Isabel Marant Lauryn if I could find the white or navy version on eBay for at least 1/5 of the original price (yeah, I wish lol) but I think Dorothy Perkins' version is a good alternative too. The only problem is, both Dorothy Perkins and Glamorous don't carry my size. Still, I'm gonna order a size 8 from Dorothy Perkins to try on next week!

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the post! 
See you again soon.
xx

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Leave your comment here x

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?